Thursday, August 16, 2012

Suit Up Day 4

This morning began for me at 6:40am when one of my fellow Design Team members gently shook my bed to wake me. As I hurried to get ready, I thought about the day ahead of us, knowing that today would be a day of decision for many campers. I downloaded and printed a bunch of emails sent to the campers by their parents to pass out at breakfast. Before I knew it, it was time for chapel where Chris  talked about the Sword of the Spirit which of course, is the Word of God. This piece of the Armor is SOOOO IMPORTANT to us because it is necessary to counteract the devil's  lies. Jesus, when tempted in the wilderness, used the Word of God to respond to every one of Satan's temptations. He, of course, knew that the Word was true and right, not distorted like what came out of Satan's mouth. Chris talked about how after Jayden was born, people often said cruel and awful things about her and them. Chris and Jenn had decided to rely on the truth of God's Word instead. Tonight is our last evening chapel, so I will report later about it.

The kids are out having fun right now -free time has just started. I think I'm going to go take some pictures and try to post them. Here's the camp picture from yesterday, as promised.

No comments: