Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A note from Karla....

Hello all! I've been given the great privilege to lead your children in worship. We have learned that worship is saying "thank you" to God for His goodness. We have sung songs that remind us He is faithful, strong, our best friend, so good to us....and of course, Our Superhero!!! We have also learned to memorize scripture through songs....Ephesians 4:14-15, John 3:16, Matthew 19:30, and Psalms 106:1. I catch the kids humming and singing these songs throughout the day. It's amazing!

I have a story to share about how I found our camp song, "Superhero." (Which goes with our theme this year, Jesus My Hero) When I was in India this summer on a short term mission trip, I was teaching at a school that hosted an orphanage. When we had free time, I would teach the girls a couple songs that I knew. Well, when it was their turn to teach me a song, the 17 girls from the orphanage started to sing this song. The words of the song were...."Jesus, you're my Superhero, you're my star my best friend!" I said WOW! I'm headed to camp in a few weeks without a camp song! I knew that must have been from God. So...when I got home a few weeks later I typed the lyrics I could remember in a search engine and found the CD with the song!!! Little did I know that it would be a hit! I shared this story with the camp and they were amazed that God was thinking about them in India! I get goosebumps thinking about how God works! Well...be encouraged that God had plans for your children way before they got here!!!

I look forward to worshiping and saying "thank you" to God with your children the rest of the week!

1 comment:

Kristen Kimball said...

Karla, you rock. God has you in the right place!
GO REFLECTORS!!!